Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It's all about me

Marlin: I promised I'd never let anything happen to him.
Dory: Hmm. That's a funny thing to promise.
Marlin: What?
Dory: Well, you can't never let anything happen to him. Then nothing would ever happen to him.
- Finding Nemo, 2003

Everything happens for a reason. I believe that. It doesn't matter how bad it is, there is always a silver lining afterwards. It might not be something tangible, but at the very least you learn something from the whole experience. So, do I wish that bad things don't happen to me? Well, when you get caught up in a situation so complicated, yes I did do wish that.

Yet again, it wouldn't be a life if everything is peachy and shiny. Life without its challenges would be extremely dull. Besides, what that doesn't kill you will only make you stronger right? That's my plan right now. To be a stronger person.

From these experiences, I have learnt a lot of lesson. I might write them down in separate entries. But for this entry, I want to write down one of the most important lesson and hopefully will help me to get back on my feet soon enough. I have learnt that it doesn't matter who you were with, you have to be your own person. Never ever lose the person inside of you.

To be honest, I am not really sure who I am anymore. Am I really the person who I used to be? Or I am this new person? A lot of people said I have changed. Granted, I realize there are negative changes. Still, I wouldn't push away the fact that there is a possibility of some positive changes.

Obviously, as human we keep on changing. That's what make us human interesting. We learnt and we developed. To totally understand myself 100%, it would be rather impossible. But, at least if I get to know myself 80% I would be satisfied enough.

So, I am going to take some time and just be on my own for now. Relationship is definitely great but I don't think I am being fair to anyone by jumping to another relationship too fast. I am glad I am doing this. Hello me!

No comments:

Post a Comment